Natural Men's Skincare by Guy Lively™ | Premium Bar Soap & Grooming Products | Enjoy Free Shipping on Orders $60+
6 Men’s Skincare Myths Debunked
Check out these men’s skincare myths and facts below. You might just be surprised at what you learn!
Myth #1: Men's skin doesn't age
- Fact: Men indeed postpone the aging process longer than women; however, when it does happen, it occurs at an accelerated pace with deeper wrinkles.
Myth #2: Plain water is enough
- Fact: Men should use a good facial cleanser to eliminate sebum, oil, and dirt and allow their pores to breathe.
Myth #3: Real men don't use sunscreen
- Fact: According to a recent poll by the American Academy of Dermatology, 65% of men use sunscreen when outdoors, but only 5% use sunscreen daily.
Myth #4: Men don’t need to use moisturizer if they have oily skin
- Fact: An oily face or body isn't a reliable indicator of how hydrated your skin is. Even if you typically have oily skin, it’s still important to keep moisturizing to prevent it from becoming dry and damaged.
Myth #5: "Manly" products that sting after shaving are good for you
- Fact: Blame TV commercials for this one! If your face is stinging, it's irritated and inflamed, damaging your skin. Use a soothing aftershave lotion with aloe to reduce irritation after shaving.
Myth #6: Men are less likely than women to get skin cancer
- Fact: Melanoma is the 5th most common cancer in men and 7th in women. This may be because men spend more time in the sun, often use less sunscreen, and lose their hair more than women exposing more skin to the sun.
Have questions? Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.